This is the first time in five weeks there’s no Mississippi State football game to look forward to, but that doesn’t mean the news has been put on hold. Check out today’s must-reads.
Here are three things to know:
- The Week 14 SEC Country Power Poll was released Sunday. One week after the Bulldogs rose to No. 4 in the conference, they fell back down.
- Mississippi State landed a defensive recruit in the class of 2016. Marquiss Spencer, a weak-side defensive end, is a 3-star recruit out of Mississippi.
- Coach Dan Mullen has been linked to ACC coaching rumors at Virginia and Virginia Tech. Now, the seventh-year head coach is rumored to be a candidate to replace Steve Spurrier at South Carolina.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- This isn’t the first season Mullen has been in the conversation for multiple job openings. Mullen has led Mississippi State to six consecutive bowl games and changed the perception of an entire program. (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner)
- With Georgia axing Mark Richt, Athens might be the dream spot for Mullen to land. (FoxSports.com)
- Yes, the Mississippi State season went better than most experts expected, but some might still see it as a letdown. That didn’t stop one fan from making lasting memories with the Bulldogs. (ForWhomtheCowbellTolls, Justin Sutton)
The best stories around the SEC
- Report: Missouri among schools that have contacted ex-UGA coach Mark Richt.
- Jacob Eason’s commitment to UGA is “in a holding pattern.”
- Alabama’s Nick Saban: Florida is “the best overall team that we’ve played against all year long.”
- South Carolina comeback reportedly cost Orlando bar 15,000 free beers.
- Gary Pinkel during final radio show: “To all the Missouri fans out there, love you.”