3 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
Mississippi State may not have a game this weekend, but that doesn’t mean the Bulldogs are staying out of the news. From more Dan Mullen coaching rumors to Dak Prescott grabbing another trophy, here’s everything you’ve missed.
Here are three things to know:
- Another week, another coaching rumor for Dan Mullen. Virginia Tech, Virginia and Georgia have been in the mix lately, but now Mississippi State’s coach of seven years is reportedly a candidate for the Miami job as well.
- In the meantime, Mullen has at least one more game to coach for the Bulldogs, but where and against whom it will be is still unknown. See where experts picked Mississippi State to land come bowl season.
- After losing to Ole Miss in the 88th Egg Bowl, Mississippi State rotated back out of the latest College Football Playoff rankings.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Quarterback Dak Prescott won the C Spire Conerly trophy for the second year in a row. The award is presented to the best football player in the state of Mississippi by the Mississippi Hall of Fame. (Scout.com, David Murray)
- Prescott will play his final game in a Mississippi State uniform during the Bulldogs’ upcoming bowl game, but his final home game has already come and gone. Read the senior quarterback reflecting on the experience. (ESPN, Greg Ostendorf)
The best stories around the SEC
- UGA QB commit Jacob Eason arrives on Florida’s campus for official visit
- Alabama at No. 1 over Clemson? College Football Playoff committee “debated long and hard” about it
- Tennessee AD: We are not shutting down Alabama rivalry
- Alabama legend: Will Muschamp “really hurt” Auburn with Iron Bowl tantrum
- National sports writer thinks Georgia lacks ambition if it hires Kirby Smart