3 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
The season might be over, but Mississippi State is still hard at work recruiting future Bulldogs. Landing three players on the All-SEC team this season will certainly help Mississippi State’s image, but a bowl game win in Charlotte, N.C. later this month could prove to be a tipping point for those recruits on the fence.
Here are three things to know:
- Class of 2016 athlete Nero Nelson committed to Mississippi State this summer, but it seems he’s second-guessing his decision. “I do want to get away from Mississippi, period,” he said.
- Four-star cornerback John Broussard was committed to Auburn before defensive coordinator Will Muschamp left the Tigers to become the next head coach at South Carolina. Now Broussard is exploring other options, including Mississippi State.
- Jeremiah Moon, a 4-star recruit out of Alabama has committed to Florida, but that hasn’t stopped the Bulldogs from pursuing the linebacker. “I’m still interested in them,” he said. “I wouldn’t want to close the door on anybody.”
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Now that the regular season has concluded, it’s time to compare Mississippi State’s performance this year with preseason expectations for the team. (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner)
- There are still three weeks until the Bulldogs take on the North Carolina State Wolfpack, but that doesn’t mean it’s too early to take an in-depth look at how the two teams match up. (SBNation.com, Bill Connelly)
The best stories around the SEC
- Leonard Fournette on Heisman Trophy finalist snub: “Everybody was angry and upset”
- Kirby Smart’s UGA-Alabama balancing act should be fascinating to watch
- Nine SEC jobs ranked among top 25 for recruiting by ESPN
- More than 30 SEC players named in three-round 2016 NFL mock draft
- Uncovered LSU emails shed light on Miles decision