Happy New Year, Mississippi State fans! The Bulldogs went out with a bang in the Belk Bowl, but that doesn’t mean the news has stopped. We’ve got everything you need to catch up.
Here are three things to know:
- The Belk Bowl win against NC State was arguably the best all-around game Mississippi State has played all season. Check out the grades we gave the team for its strong performance.
- Mississippi State alumni might not have been grading their alma mater, but they certainly were pleased with the way the Bulldogs played. Here’s what they had to say.
- The 58-21 victory did more than get Mississippi State a trophy. It also gave hope to Bulldogs fans for what might be in store next year.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Because of a last-minute injury before the Belk Bowl, Mississippi State had to shift around its offensive line and deploy a makeshift unit for Wednesday’s game. Here’s how the Bulldogs responded (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner).
- Dak Prescott became the fourth player in FBS history to throw for 9,000 yards and rush for 2,500 in the a career, but that wasn’t the only record the Bulldogs reached Wednesday (CBSSports.com, Chip Patterson).
The best stories around the SEC
- Nation’s No. 1 ILB says Georgia and Alabama are “really even”
- “A good coach could win there”: Nick Saban, Mark Dantonio and the 1995 Michigan State Spartans
- Report: Alabama player sent home after starting fight in practice
- 8 candidates that could replace former LSU DC Kevin Steele
- Missouri adds strength and conditioning director to coaching staff