Happy Tuesday, Bulldogs fans! As always, there’s drama on the recruiting front, but we’ve got everything you need to catch up on right here.
Here are three things to know:
- Quarterback Elijah Staley came to Mississippi State to play two sports — football and basketball. Monday, however, Staley announced he will trade in his sneakers and stick to the gridiron.
- Scott Lashley, a four-star offensive tackle, has narrowed his final list of schools to three and Mississippi State made the cut.
- Sunday, four-star defensive tackle Raekwon Davis announced he had flipped his commitment from Alabama to Mississippi State. As of Monday, his commitment remains unclear. Here’s what we know.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Mississippi State’s Quinndary Weatherspoon might not have been the most high-profile recruit on the Bulldogs’ basketball team, but 16 games into the season, he’s certainly making an impact, writes the Clarion Ledger’s Michael Bonner.
- In the Bulldogs’ loss to Kentucky last week, one problem became quite apparent: Mississippi State has some serious room for improvement in the second half of games this season, says the Clarion Ledger’s Michael Bonner.
The best stories around the SEC
- SEC basketball power rankings: Texas A&M leads the way
- Kirk Herbstreit badly wants ‘NCAA Football’ video game back, says ‘Ed O’Bannon ruined that for all of us’
- UF staff visits a half-dozen Gators commits
- Nation’s No. 1 athlete releases new top schools list after Ohio State visit
- Texas A&M cracks top 10, Kentucky falls out of top 20 in latest AP Top 25