Happy Tuesday, everyone.
It was a busy start to the week with coach Dan Mullen holding his weekly Monday press conference and players speaking with the media after practice. Mississippi State picked up a nice win over Troy on Saturday, but the Bulldogs have already turned the page to Louisiana Tech.
Here’s what every Mississippi State fan needs to know today:
- Quarterback Dak Prescott was a Heisman trophy candidate last season, but Mullen said Monday that the senior signal-caller is even better this season
- USC fired coach Steve Sarkisian on Monday, and speculation on who will be the Trojans’ next coach has already begun. USA Today’s Dan Wolken listed Mullen as a possible candidate for the USC job.
- The game-time for the Mississippi State and Kentucky contest on Oct. 24 was released on Monday.
Other Mississippi State stories from around the Internet
- The SEC actually announced the game times for every conference game for Week 8 on Monday.
- If you like dogs as mascots, you will like the Mississippi State-Louisiana Tech game on Saturday. Both teams have bulldogs as mascots.
- Mitch Wilson of Sports Chat Place has the early odds and predictions for the all-Bulldogs game this Saturday.
Best stories around the SEC
- Florida coach Jim McElwain calls Will Grier’s suspension “an honest mistake”
- Former Texas A&M wide receiver to be charged with murder in Dallas
- Missouri QB Maty Mauk remains off the depth for third straight week
- LSU LB Lamar Louis: “Things might be going our way”
- Opinion: Tennessee’s Butch Jones enjoys signature win over UGA
- South Carolina Steve Spurrier retires
— MSU Football (@HailStateFB) October 12, 2015