3 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
Happy Wednesday, everyone.
It was a busy day as the Bulldogs met with the media after practice Tuesday evening. It was also a very productive day as Mississippi State players are getting healthy and prepared for Saturday’s home game against Louisiana Tech.
Here’s what every Mississippi State fan needs to know today:
- Quarterback Dak Prescott, who was limited last week, is not the only player returning to the field against Louisiana Tech. Two other offensive starters are also expected to return.
- Mississippi State versus Louisiana Tech is not a historic rivalry, but the two teams’ defenses may appear to be mirror images of one other. That only makes sense as Mississippi State defensive coordinator Manny Diaz coached the Louisiana Tech defense last season.
- Most of the Week 6 Bowl Projections have the Bulldogs playing in either the Liberty Bowl or the Music City Bowl.
Other Mississippi State stories from around the Internet
- The Bulldogs played an excellent defensive game last Saturday against Troy. Coach Dan Mullen provided the necessary spark in practice to get his defense to play physical.
- The Mississippi State defense wasn’t the only unit that played well against Troy. Members on special teams made some key plays and returned a punt for a touchdown in the 45-17 victory. Michael Bonner of the Clarion-Ledger argued that overall, the Bulldogs special teams has been much improved in 2015.
- Speaking with reporters after Tuesday’s practice, Prescott opened up about his stomach virus and the team’s matchup against Louisiana Tech this Saturday.
Best stories around the SEC
- LSU RB Leonard Fournette goes under ESPN “Sports Science” microscope
- South Carolina holds first practice without Steve Spurrier
- Hilarious spoof video advertises children’s toy that resembles Alabama’s defense
- Florida DT: Leonard Fournett is best back in the league, but “nothing we can’t stop”
- Lou Holtz compares his exit at South Carolina to Steve Spurrier’s
— MSU Football (@HailStateFB) October 13, 2015