Happy Thursday, everyone.
Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen met with reporters in his weekly SEC teleconference as the Bulldogs moved another day closer to facing Louisiana Tech on Saturday.
Here’s what every Mississippi State fan needs to know today:
- Mullen’s squad is turning its focus towards Louisiana Tech this weekend, but the fans don’t have to just yet. Check out the team’s highlight video from the 45-17 victory over Troy, which is filled with huge plays.
- On Monday, Mullen said quarterback Dak Prescott is absolutely better this season. It is hard to believe that the 2014 Heisman trophy candidate is even better, but Prescott’s teammates and other coaches agreed on Wednesday, as detailed in the Clarion–Ledger.
- The Bulldogs aren’t ranked like they were last season, but 4-2 isn’t bad considering what Mississippi State lost in the offseason. SB Nation’s For Whom The Cowbell Tolls hands out midseason grades for every unit.
Best stories around the SEC
- Les Miles would be surprised if LSU DB doesn’t make his 2015 debut Saturday
- Butch Jones deflects questions about play that led to DT Shy Tuttle’s injury
- Presidential candidate asked to modify logo that resembles “SEC” emblem
- Florida QB Will Grier’s dad writes essay about PED violation
- Missouri coach won’t discuss quarterback’s Twitter activity
Video: Mississippi State’s ‘Hail State Highlight’ looks back at win over Troy http://t.co/i6ZTFxuLO8
— SEC Football (@SECfootball) October 14, 2015