3 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
Happy Sunday, everyone. Mississippi State fell behind Louisiana Tech by 14 points on Saturday, and the crowd on hand for homecoming at Davis Wade Stadium appeared a bit nervous.
But with Dak Prescott at quarterback, there was really no need to worry. In the final 48 minutes of the game, Mississippi State outscored Louisiana Tech 45-6.
Here are four things to know:
- Prescott was absolutely awesome, throwing for 347 yards and three touchdowns. He also had 34 yards and another touchdown on the ground on his way to a record-setting day.
- Bulldogs coach Dan Mullen admitted his squad started Saturday’s game slowly, but he was very pleased with how Mississippi State turned it around.
- One of the biggest negatives was the injury to starting tight end Gus Walley. He left after taking two big hits during the second quarter and did not return.
- Four-star recruit Adrian Ealy won’t say which school is on the top of his list, but he did admit that Mississippi State is one of the top three schools he is considering at the moment.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- One of the impressive career numbers Prescott reached Saturday was 50 passing touchdowns and 30 rushing touchdowns in a career. Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel are the only other SEC quarterbacks to achieve that mark.
- The Mississippi State quarterback still hasn’t had an interception this season. In fact, he has gone 274 consecutive passes without a pick dating back to last year.
- Prescott was certainly the story, but he had plenty of help from underclassmen. Michael Bonner of The Clarion-Ledger wrote that it was the Bulldogs’ young players that ignited the comeback.
- In the first 10 minutes it didn’t look like it was going to be Prescott’s day, but actually Louisiana Tech quarterback Jeff Driskel’s day. He had 130 passing yards and two touchdowns on the first two drives. But ultimately, Prescott ruined Driskel’s return to SEC play.
The best stories around the SEC
- Lane Kiffin blocked Nick Saban timeout on crucial 4th-and-2
- LSU takes lead in 4th quarter on fake FG TD
- UGA student section has a special message for Nick Chubb
- Florida’s Antonio Callaway hauls in ridiculous one-handed catch
- Kevin Sumlin: “It’s virtually impossible to win when you give away 21 points”