Happy Wednesday, everyone. Mississippi State is one day closer to starting its five-game stretch of SEC contests to end the regular season.
Here are three things to know:
- The Bulldogs see a red door and they want it painted black. Mississippi State released a Rolling Stones-themed blackout hype video to get its fans ready for the Kentucky game this Saturday.
- The Week 8 Bowl Projections are in! Mississippi State is headed to the Music City Bowl in three of six bowl projections from the experts.
- Unfortunately, Mississippi State took a hit on the recruiting trail Tuesday. Former three-star defensive tackle T.D. Moton, who signed with Mississippi State in February but didn’t earn academic clearance to enroll, tweeted on Tuesday that he is headed to Texas A&M.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- The point spread for the Bulldogs-Wildcats matchup is in, as well, and Mississippi State is an 11.5 point favorite.
- Two days after the new Star Wars movie released its first trailer, it is only fitting that Mississippi State is turning to its dark side. FOX Sports has more on the Bulldogs’ blackout against the Wildcats.
- The Mississippi State-Kentucky matchup doesn’t receive much attention from a national landscape, but David Brandt of the Idaho Statesman wrote it has plenty of significance.
The best stories around the SEC
- A.J. McCarron’s wife not happy naked players were shown on TV
- South Carolina to focus on three coaches for Steve Spurrier’s replacement
- Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin: Justin Evans was the unsung hero of Alabama game
- Vanderbilt safety Andrew Williamson returns after injury
- Could Auburn and Ohio State be in the mix for UGA commit?