3 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
It was a heavyweight matchup. One of the best quarterbacks in the SEC took on one of the best defenses in the nation Thursday night. Both sides took their best shots. Quarterback Dak Prescott won.
The Mississippi State star tallied up 350 yards against Missouri, which boasted the No. 6 defense in the nation and second-best defense in the SEC. Missouri pressured Prescott but couldn’t stop him. The senior may have even re-entered his name into the Heisman race.
Here are three things to know:
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen is “juiced” about the win over Missouri. Who can blame him?
- Is it time for Prescott to be back in the Heisman race? One ESPN analyst thinks so.
- Prescott’s performance did more than beat Missouri. It etched his name in the SEC’s all-time record books.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Here’s more on the win over Missouri, including video highlights, via HailState.com.
- Mississippi State hauled in a big-time hoops prospect, per Chris Johnson of Sports Illustrated.
The best stories around the SEC
- LSU tailback Leonard Fournette may soon draw the NCAA’s ire.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban admitted that his NFL team stole signals.
- Here is what SEC Country thinks will happen in the Alabama-LSU game.
- Former UGA tailback Todd Gurley likes candy and wearing a tutu.