3 things Mississippi State fan needs to know today
Monday was a busy day for Mississippi State with coach Dan Mullen and players meeting with the media. Here are the top three Bulldogs’ stories to start your Tuesday:
- Prescott recalls mother’s death: Quarterback Dak Prescott commented about his last trip to Texas A&M two years ago. Just prior to the trip, his mother, Peggy, died of colon cancer.
- Mullen “not concerned” with offensive balance: The media has questioned all season why the Bulldogs haven’t been more committed to the run, but Mullen flat out said on Monday that offensive balance is not his goal.
- Unsung heroes from Mississippi State’s 17-9 win over Auburn: The Bulldogs picked up its first SEC road victory of the season on Saturday thanks in large part to four unsung heroes.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- The Associated Press published a story about Mississippi State regaining some momentum after a big win over Auburn.The Bulldogs will have another tough road game this week against Texas A&M.
- ESPN’s Week 4 Bowl Projections had Mississippi State playing in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl.
- The Mississippi State website published a full manuscript from Dan Mullen, Prescott and linebacker Richie Brown’s interviews with the media on Monday.
Best stories around the SEC
- Michael Sam wonders if coming out affected his NFL chances
- Paul Finebaum wears a Florida jersey after losing “friendly wager”
- Arkansas takes extreme measure to prepare Tennessee’s “Rocky Top” fight song
- Missouri to be without two offensive starters against South Carolina
- Florida will be without LB Alex Anzalone against Ole Miss
AP Poll 21-25: 21 Mississippi State 22 Michigan 23 West Virginia 24 California 25 Florida Dropped from rankings: UO, AZ, GT, BYU, MIZZ
— ESPN CollegeFootball (@ESPNCFB) September 27, 2015