Good morning Mississippi State fans! I could go on with the usual “we’ve got a lot of great news for you” schtick, or I could show you a highlight of quarterback Dak Prescott scoring a touchdown. Which would you prefer? Touchdown? Alright, if you insist.
Wasn’t that nice? Now, on to the news.
Here are four things to know:
- Since it is Mississippi State’s bye week, the team has more free time on its hands. Prescott decided to use some of that time for an appearance on SEC Network’s “The Paul Finebaum Show.”
- The Bulldogs built some good momentum heading into the bye week. Their win over Kentucky was arguably the team’s best performance of the season, but how did that affect the most recent bowl projections?
- Derrick Brown is a 5-star defensive tackle and the nation’s No. 8 prospect. He has a pretty loaded Top 5, but Mississippi State has a unique advantage.
- Bulldogs coach Dan Mullen hasn’t had too many confrontations with the media, but one question set him off on Tuesday.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet:
- Mississippi State received good news on the basketball front Tuesday. The team landed one of the nation’s top recruits for 2016.
- Sticking with recruiting, the Bulldogs appear to be courting one of the top quarterbacks for 2017.