4 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott’s ears must have been burning Wednesday. Not only was he the talk of the weekly SEC teleconference, but an NFL scout had some praise for the senior as well. Let’s just hope his head doesn’t get too big to fit in his helmet before the biggest game of his team’s season on Saturday.
Here are four things to know:
- Prescott has been less of a dual threat this season. His flair for the spectacular play has diminished somewhat, but coach Dan Mullen said that’s a good thing. Instead, Prescott has developed into a mature, mistake-free leader for his team.
- That type of development has not gone unnoticed in the NFL. One NFC scout said that he’d take Prescott over the national-championship winning quarterback Cardale Jones.
- Even though they aren’t ranked above the Crimson Tide this time, the Bulldogs will be the underdog when Alabama comes to town Saturday. But Mullen says it’s a role his team is prepared for and embracing.
- Don’t tell whoever made this video that the Bulldogs are underdogs. Hail State Productions released the Alabama pregame hype video, and it’s awesome.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- The Bulldogs are hitting their stride right before the biggest game of the season. They just might be peaking at the right time (MaroonAndWhiteNation.com).
- Alabama WR Chris Black elected to have ankle surgery Wednesday and will miss the rest of the season. Black played in six games this season and had two catches for 23 yards (SEC Country).
- While some Mississippi State players watched the Alabama-LSU game on TV, star receiver De’Runnya Wilson was in the stadium to study Alabama in person. Here’s what he learned (AL.com, Michael Casagrande).
The best stories around the SEC
- New Orleans sack artist removes Missouri from top 5 amid protests
- SEC official defends controversial call on hit that ended Auburn DB Jeremiah Dinson’s season
- Nick Saban on Alabama walk-on: “I get a smile on my face every time I talk about him”
- ESPN bracketologist puts four SEC teams in his preseason tournament field
- Arkansas fans make hilarious Buffalo Wild Wings parody commercial about crazy Ole Miss win