Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen closed out his radio show Thursday night by saying the day after his team faces Alabama this weekend would be a “Jacuzzi Sunday.” Mullen expects a tough, physical matchup with the No. 2-ranked Crimson Tide Saturday.
Just so you don’t feel left out, here are some hard-hitting stories to get you in the mood for game day.
Here are four things to know:
- Quarterback Dak Prescott has only three games left in his final regular season at Mississippi State. The senior has racked up more than his share of accolades, but what will his legacy look like when he leaves Starkville?
- Mississippi State opened in Vegas as a six-point underdog. By Thursday, that had grown to eight points. One expert, however, hasn’t lost faith in the Bulldogs. “This game could not set-up any better for Mississippi State this week,” he said.
- Briston Guidry — a former Mississippi State commit who backed out and committed to Arkansas — said he is still exploring his options. Guidry will take a trip to Starkville in addition to visits to Arkansas, LSU, Arizona State, Oklahoma and Miami.
- Derrick Brown, the consensus No. 1 player in Georgia, has Mississippi State in his final five, but announced today that he has developed a close relationship with Auburn’s Rodney Garner.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Dak Fact: Mississippi State’s Prescott even better as he savors his final season (ESPN.com, Adam Rittenberg)
- Last week, Alabama coach Nick Saban said the Crimson Tide needed to have someone other than Derrick Henry take reps at running back after Henry’s heavy workload against LSU. Could freshman Bo Scarbrough see more playing time against the Bulldogs? (AL.com, John Talty)
- Mississippi State held a memorial service Thursday for Keith Joseph, Jr. and his father, Keith Joseph, Sr. (SunHerald.com, Logan Lowery)
The best stories around the SEC
- Nick Saban: Nobody “has a right to mess with” Alabama’s uniform design
- Texas A&M sues the Indianapolis Colts for using “12th Man” slogan
- “It’s just like a slap in the face”: Best quotes from Week 11
- Which SEC team is on upset alert this weekend?
- SEC basketball predictions: Who will take home the conference championship?