4 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
It was a disappointing weekend for the Mississippi State football team and its fans. After a week spent hyping up the matchup with Alabama, Saturday’s game was one let down after another. Here’s what you need to catch up on the weekend’s action.
Here are four things to know:
- After the team’s worst performance of the season, we broke down the Bulldogs’ offense, defense, special teams and coaching in this week’s report card. The results weren’t pretty.
- During and after the game on Saturday, Mississippi State alumni took to Twitter to root on their alma mater, even when the game started to slip away.
- The latest AP Top 25 Poll was released Sunday, and the new rankings reflected the Bulldogs’ lackluster performance against Alabama.
- Mississippi State has a chance to bounce back against an Arkansas team coming off of two upset wins. VegasInsider.com released its first betting lines for the game Sunday.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Mississippi State’s defense was doing surprisingly well early in the game. But after the first quarter, the Crimson Tide’s offense woke up. Here’s how Derrick Henry and Alabama turned the tide. (AL.com, Michael Casagrande)
- Though he threw for 300 yards in the game, Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott’s play on Saturday was poor enough to knock him out of Heisman contention. (ClarionLedger.com, Hugh Kellenberger)
- Nick Saban paid his respects to Mississippi State’s Keith Joseph, Jr., who died in a car accident last Friday. (AL.com, John Talty)
The best stories around the SEC
- SEC Big Picture: Alabama-Florida matchup looks inevitable, but Ole Miss is still lurking
- Kirk Herbstreit’s College Football Playoff prediction stays the same
- Greatest hits of the SEC: Week 11 edition
- Best quotes from around the SEC: “There’s nobody more hurt than the players that are wearing the purple and gold”
- LSU TE Dillon Gordon rips fans for lack of loyalty