5 things every Mississippi State fan needs to know today
Mississippi State left no doubt as they dismantled Missouri 31-13 in primetime Thursday.
It was the Bulldogs’ sixth win in the past seven games, and their fourth win in a row. That momentum will be crucial as Mississippi State hosts Alabama Saturday. Until then, there’s plenty to catch up on.
Here are five things to know:
- The Bulldogs will wear “MJ” decals on their helmets to honor freshman defensive end Keith Joseph, Jr. and his father, Keith Joseph, Sr., who both died Friday in a one-car accident.
- Mississippi State will also hold a memorial Thursday to honor the two former players. The service will be open to the public.
- Coach Dan Mullen spoke publically for the first time since Joseph Jr.’s death, saying “there’s nothing more devastating” than losing a player. He also talked about how focusing on football will help his players heal.
- Mississippi State moved up a spot in the SEC Country Power Poll. After a convincing win at Missouri, the Bulldogs are sitting in their highest ranking of the season.
- Jay Clemons writes that a win against Alabama is not out of the question for Mississippi State, and neither is an SEC West title.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet:
- Mississippi State-Arkansas game time announced for Nov. 21. (SEC Country)
- Vegas Insider has Alabama as less of a favorite against MSU than it was against LSU. (Matt Zenitz, AL.com)
- Nick Saban addressed the media in advance of the matchup at Mississippi State. (Matt Zenitz, AL.com)
- Watch the late comedian and former Mississippi State football player Jerry Clower’s fantastic story of his first game against Alabama. (John James, Yellowhammernews.com)