The effects of Alabama’s dismantling of Mississippi State last weekend will be felt for the rest of the Bulldogs season. But with another week comes another game and a chance to forget about the 31-6 throttling. Check out these stories to see what you’ve missed this week.
Here are five things to know:
- Before Mississippi State can forget its 31-6 loss against Alabama and look forward to Arkansas on Saturday, SEC Country broke down some film of the Bulldogs blitz schemes against the Crimson Tide.
- Mississippi State’s disappointing loss at home was reflected in the team’s new position in the latest SEC Country Power Poll.
- During the game, star wide receiver De’Runnya Wilson was carted off the field after an injury. Monday, coach Dan Mullen had some news on Wilson’s status.
- Mullen spoke about the team’s next matchup — at Arkansas — in his weekly press conference Monday, and had nothing but praise for the Razorbacks.
- In two weeks, the Bulldogs will face Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl. Monday, the kickoff time of the rivalry game was announced.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- Mississippi State senior cornerback Taveze Calhoun accepted an invitation to the East-West Shrine Game, which will be played on Jan. 23 in Florida. (ClarionLedger.com, Michael Bonner)
- The Bulldogs’ offensive line needs some serious work if Mississippi State wants to compete in the SEC West, writes columnist Hugh Kellenberger of The Clarion-Ledger.
- Recruits were watching when Alabama dismantled Mississippi State last weekend. Here’s what they had to say. (247sports.com, Hank South)
The best stories around the SEC
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze on LSU RB Leonard Fournette: “One of the best backs probably in the history of the SEC.”
- ESPN expert Paul Finebaum gives Leonard Fournette “0 percent” chance at Heisman Trophy.
- Mother of nation’s No. 1 player wasn’t impressed with Auburn’s academics pitch at first.
- SEC teams try to “date” the College Football Playoff in hilarious spoof video.
- Auburn coach Gus Malzahn likes fan’s hilarious Idaho game plan.