National Signing Day certainly could have gone better for Mississippi State, but the Bulldogs did manage to put together a solid Class of 2016, including one major surprise. We’ve got everything you need to catch up on Wednesday’s hectic news.
Here are six things to know:
- The Bulldogs biggest commitment of the day came as a bit of a surprise.
- Others did not, including Jamal Couch, Erroll Thompson and Marquiss Spencer.
- Local star A.J. Brown choosing Ole Miss was Mississippi State’s biggest disappointment of the day, but what he said after stung even more.
- Brown responded to critics on Twitter afterward.
- Brown’s teammate, however, decided to play college ball in Starkville.
- In addition to players, the Bulldogs added a new face to their coaching staff Wednesday.
Other Mississippi State news from around the Internet
- While Mississippi State did manage to snag a few local talents, the Bulldogs by no means won the state, wrote Josh Barnhill of MaroonandWhiteNation.com.
- Stewart Reese, the No. 19 offensive guard in the nation, committed to Mississippi State on Monday, and signed with the Bulldogs Wednesday, wrote Courtney Cronin of the Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
The best stories around the SEC
- Alabama earns (another) No. 1 recruiting ranking for Class of 2016
- Each SEC program’s most important 2016 signee
- Nation’s top QB centerpiece for Ole Miss’ ‘championship class’
- Gus Malzahn on how Auburn signee celebrated: “He went to go get chemo”