Dak Prescott had an impressive showing on the his final drive of the half, helping the South team to a score and a 17-3 lead at the half of the 2016 Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.
“He did a great job,” said Jacksonville Jaguars coach Gus Bradley on the NFL Network broadcast as the teams entered the locker room at halftime. “(He) had to get a third-down conversion to keep the drive going, he did a nice job with that. I just thought he played with really good poise. He was real patient and that gives credit to the O-line.”
Prescott, the former Mississippi State star, went 7 for 10 for 61 yards and a touchdown, a 5-yard strike to Paul McRoberts of Southeast Missouri State.
Not only did Prescott successfully maneuver a two-minute drill, but he showed nice evasion skills and footwork in the pocket and even carried the ball three times for 13 yards.
Outside of staring down a few receivers on that scoring drive and a near-interception, Prescott has done Mississippi State proud by looking exceptionally good this week.
Dak Prescott would fit in well with Chip Kelly and #49ers. He's had a great week.
— NFL Draft Insider (@NFLDraftInsider) January 30, 2016
More from the 2016 Senior Bowl:
- 4 SEC players with the most to lose at Senior Bowl
- 4 SEC players with the most to prove at Senior Bowl
- Alabama LB Reggie Ragland on RB Kenyan Drake: ‘He made me look funny out there’
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Reggie Ragland on his move to OLB
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Reggie Ragland confident he ‘can play it all’ in NFL
- Alabama coaches forced Kenyan Drake to dress up, fool Auburn in Iron Bowl
- Missouri teammates on Maty Mauk video: ‘He’s got some things to fix that are bigger than football’
- LSU DB Jalen Mills: QB’s avoided throwing my way ‘most of the time’
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Alabama RB Kenyan Drake shows explosiveness, also shows glaring weakness in first practice
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Alabama LB Reggie Ragland blows by competition in first practice
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Alabama CB Cyrus Jones welcomes playing ‘press’ coverage at the NFL level
- UGA WR Malcolm Mitchell done with ‘What if’ on to watch what ‘I can do’ next
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Arkansas RB Jonathan Williams lost his senior season, gained ‘intelligence’
- Alabama QB Jake Coker enjoying Senior Bowl in hometown: ‘Sometimes I wonder why people want my autograph’
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott starts over, shies away from Tim Tebow comparisons
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Missouri LB Kentrell Brothers using Super Bowl star as NFL model
- Jarran Reed on Alabama’s 2016 defense: ‘I really don’t think they’re going to miss a beat’
- 2016 Senior Bowl: LSU’s Deion Jones wants another shot at Alabama — kind of like Coach Les Miles
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Florida’s Morrison says SEC speed has no peer among other conferences
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Pair of injured SEC players to miss rest of week
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Kenyan Drake already showing vast improvement on Day 2
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Arkansas QB Brandon Allen explains why he has advantage over competition
- Kenyan Drake says he will “embarrass” would-be tacklers who don’t give their all
- 2016 Senior Bowl: TE Jerell Adams stole the show at Thursday’s practice session
- Maty Mauk dismissal: Missouri teammates say Barry Odom ‘made the right decision’
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Former Florida QB outduels SEC stars at Thursday practice
- Missouri players reflect on ‘power’ and 2015 protest: ‘We wanted to use our platform to save a life’
- 2016 Senior Bowl: ‘No love lost’ between Clemson, Alabama players on South team