With the contact period underway, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen and staff are looking to add the final pieces to a solid recruiting class.
The Bulldogs made quite a haul in the early signing period, so the remaining spots should come down to the wire to see who rounds out Mississippi State’s class.
Let’s take a look at where things stand on the recruiting trail as of Friday.
Where Mississippi State’s 2017 recruiting class ranks
With Mississippi State losing a commitment for the second consecutive week, the Bulldogs dropped one spot to No. 21 in the national recruiting rankings this week. That ranking likely will continue to shift in both directions between now and National Signing Day on Feb. 1 as other teams add guys to their classes. Mississippi State also ranks ninth in the SEC.
Who are Mississippi State’s top commitments?
- 4-star RB Kylin Hill (Columbus, Miss.)
- 4-star QB Keytaon Thompson (New Orleans)
- 4-star WDE Chauncey Rivers (Stone Mountain, Ga.)
- 3-star S Johnathan Abram (Columbia, Miss.)
- 3-star OLB Tyler Dunning (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
Who committed to Mississippi State this week?
The dead period continued to be a detriment for the Bulldogs, as Mississippi State’s commitment drought continued over the past week. That will undoubtedly change before National Signing Day arrives.
Who de-committed from Mississippi State this week?
For the second straight week, Mississippi State lost a commitment. This time around, 3-star wide receiver Monterio Hunt backed away from his commitment to the Bulldogs. That trend is certainly something that Mullen wants to stop with the dead period finally over.
Who are Mississippi State’s top uncommitted prospects?
- 4-star OLB Willie Gay (Starkville, Miss.)
- 3-star OT Toryque Bateman (Gadsden, Ala.)
- 3-star WR Racey McMath (New Orleans, La.)
- 3-star G Josh Cooper (Haughton, La.)
- 3-star OT Taekion Reed (Columbus, Miss.)
- Quarterback (1): Keytaon Thompson
- Running back (1): Kylin Hill
- Wide receiver (1): Austin Williams
- Offensive line (4): Tommy Champion, Tyre Phillips, Cordavien Suggs, Montravious Richardson
- Defensive line (6): Deion Pope, Lee Autry, Aaron Odom, James Jackson, Montez Sweat, Chauncey Rivers
- Linebacker (2): Tyler Dunning, Kaleb Oliver
- Defensive back (5): Tyler Williams, Landon Guidry, Johnathan Abram, Brian Cole, Jaquarius Landrews
Geography of Mississippi State’s recruiting class
North Carolina: 1
All rankings come from the 247Sports composite unless otherwise noted.