It was a rather lackluster week on the recruiting trail for Mississippi State with the dead period in full swing.
Of course, things will begin to pick up next week with the national all-star games on the horizon, but until then, the Bulldogs recruiting class is in wait-and-see mode.
Let’s take a look at where things stand on the recruiting trail as of Friday:
Where Mississippi State’s 2017 recruiting class ranks
With 22 commitments in the 2017 class, Mississippi State’s ranking stayed steady at No. 19 nationally this week. That ranking will likely shift in both directions between now and National Signing Day with other teams picking up and losing commitments, but as of now, Dan Mullen and his staff have put together a solid class. The Bulldogs’ ranking also is good enough for the eighth-best recruiting class in the SEC.
Who are Mississippi State’s top commitments?
- 4-star RB Kylin Hill (Columbus, Miss.)
- 4-star QB Keytaon Thompson (New Orleans)
- 4-star WDE Chauncey Rivers (Stone Mountain, Ga.)
- 3-star S Johnathan Abram (Columbia, Miss.)
- OLB Tyler Dunning (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
Who committed to Mississippi State this week?
After the Bulldogs landed nine junior college players on the first day of the early signing period last week, things have slowed down for Mississippi State. No one pledged their commitment to play in Starkville this week, but things should pick up next week.
Who de-committed from Mississippi State this week?
Mississippi State hasn’t lost anyone from its commitment list since 3-star defensive end Deandre Johnson backed off his commitment to the Bulldogs one day before committing to Tennessee on Dec. 11.
Who are Mississippi State’s top uncommitted prospects?
- 4-star SDE LaBryan Ray (Madison, Ala.)
- 4-star OLB Willie Gay (Starkville, Miss.)
- 4-star WDE Chauncey Rivers (Scooba, Miss.)
- 4-star WR Brandon Martin (Perkinston, Miss.)
- Quarterback (1): Keytaon Thompson
- Running back (1): Kylin Hill
- Wide receiver (2): Austin Williams, Monterio Hunt
- Offensive line (5): Tommy Champion, Paul Gainer, Tyre Phillips, Cordavien Suggs, Montravious Richardson
- Defensive line (6): Deion Pope, Lee Autry, Aaron Odom, James Jackson, Montez Sweat, Chauncey Rivers
- Linebacker (2): Tyler Dunning, Kaleb Oliver
- Defensive back (5): Tyler Williams, Landon Guidry, Johnathan Abram, Brian Cole, Jaquarius Landrews
Geography of Mississippi State’s recruiting class
North Carolina: 1