Things continue to be stagnant for Mississippi State on the recruiting trail, as the only news from Starkville came from a de-commitment earlier this week.
The dead period certainly has played a role in things being quiet for the Bulldogs, so the news should pick up when the big visit weekends finally begin.
Let’s take a look at where things stand on the recruiting trail as of Friday:
Where Mississippi State’s 2017 recruiting class ranks
Although Mississippi State lost a commitment, the Bulldogs rose two spots to No. 20 in the national recruiting rankings this week. That ranking likely will continue to shift in both directions between now and National Signing Day. Mississippi State also ranks ninth in the SEC.
Who are Mississippi State’s top commitments?
- 4-star RB Kylin Hill (Columbus, Miss.)
- 4-star QB Keytaon Thompson (New Orleans)
- 4-star WDE Chauncey Rivers (Stone Mountain, Ga.)
- 3-star S Johnathan Abram (Columbia, Miss.)
- 3-star OLB Tyler Dunning (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
Who committed to Mississippi State this week?
The dead period has not been good for gaining commitments for Mississippi State, as the Bulldogs haven’t landed any players since nine junior college players signed with Mississippi State on the first day of the early signing period in December.
Who de-committed from Mississippi State this week?
Mississippi State did lose one commitment this week when 3-star offensive guard Paul Gainer de-committed from Dan Mullen’s program.
I hope everyone respects my decision. pic.twitter.com/AcDndNx80X
— PJ__ERA (@PJ_Ganer) January 5, 2017
Who are Mississippi State’s top uncommitted prospects?
- 4-star OLB Willie Gay (Starkville, Miss.)
- 3-star S Naytron Culpepper (Opa Locka, Fla.)
- 3-star OT Toryque Bateman (Gadsden, Ala.)
- Quarterback (1): Keytaon Thompson
- Running back (1): Kylin Hill
- Wide receiver (2): Austin Williams, Monterio Hunt
- Offensive line (4): Tommy Champion, Tyre Phillips, Cordavien Suggs, Montravious Richardson
- Defensive line (6): Deion Pope, Lee Autry, Aaron Odom, James Jackson, Montez Sweat, Chauncey Rivers
- Linebacker (2): Tyler Dunning, Kaleb Oliver
- Defensive back (5): Tyler Williams, Landon Guidry, Johnathan Abram, Brian Cole, Jaquarius Landrews
Geography of Mississippi State’s recruiting class
North Carolina: 1
All rankings come from the 247Sports composite unless otherwise noted.