Mississippi State bowl predictions after 7-3 start
This time last week, Mississippi State was riding a four-game winning streak heading into the biggest game of the season against Alabama. The Bulldogs had improved their shot at a high-profile bowl game, and with a decent outing against the Crimson Tide, there was a chance for an even higher ceiling.
Then Mississippi State had its worst performance of the season. All hope is not lost, however, as the Bulldogs head to Arkansas on Saturday and host Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl in the regular-season finale. Two wins there (even if coach Dan Mullen calls this week’s game a “huge challenge”) would certainly help improve their bowl standing.
Until then, here are eight predictions for where the Bulldogs will land:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm) — TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Louisville
- CollegeFootballNews.com (Pete Fiutak) — Independence Bowl vs. Miami
- CollegeSportsMadness.com — Citrus Bowl vs. Michigan State
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) — TaxSlayer Bowl vs Duke
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) — Liberty Bowl vs. Arizona State
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk) — Belk Bowl vs. Virginia Tech
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender) — Outback Bowl vs. Michigan