Mississippi State has steadily improved heading into its bye week, and will look to make a statement down the stretch. If the Bulldogs can win upcoming games against No. 7 Alabama, Arkansas and No. 19 Ole Miss they will have a strong case to play in one of the nation’s top bowl games. Until then, here are the latest bowl projections.
- CBS Sports (Jerry Palm): Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.) Dec. 30 — Miss. St. vs. Penn State
- College Sports Madness: Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Fla.) Jan. 1 — Miss. St. vs. Northwestern
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy): Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.) Jan. 1 — Miss. St. vs. Iowa
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach): TaxSlayer Bowl (Jacksonville, Fla.) Jan. 2 — Miss. St. vs. Louisville
- SB Nation (Jason Kirk): Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.) Dec. 30 — Miss. St. vs. North Carolina
- Sporting News (Bill Bender): Liberty Bowl (Memphis, Tenn.) Jan. 2 — Miss. St. vs. Texas