Mississippi State bowl projections after 7-2 start
Four straight wins — including a primetime beatdown of Missouri Thursday — have Mississippi State climbing in the Associated Press and SEC Country Power Poll rankings, but the Bulldogs might not have reached their ceiling yet.
Games against Alabama, Arkansas and Ole Miss close out the season and while it is a daunting task, wins in at least two of the three could vault Mississippi State even higher in the rankings and improve the team’s bowl projections.
Until then, here are the eight predictions for where the Bulldogs will land:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm) — TaxSlayer Bowl vs. North Carolina
- CollegeFootballNews.com (Pete Fiutak) — Music City Bowl vs. Pittsburgh
- CollegeSportsMadness.com — Citrus Bowl vs. Minnesota
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) — Citrus Bowl vs Michigan State
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) — Outback Bowl vs. Michigan
- SaturdayDownSouth.com (Brad Crawford) — Belk Bowl vs. North Carolina
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk) — Birmingham Bowl vs. Memphis
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender) — Liberty Bowl vs. West Virginia