Last week, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen said the Bulldogs’ matchup with Arkansas would be a huge challenge. He couldn’t have been more right. Thanks to a last-minute blocked field goal, Mississippi State held on for a 51-50 win.
Now there is only one regular-season game left, and it’s arguably the biggest of the season — Mississippi State hosts Ole Miss on Saturday in the Egg Bowl. The Rebels took home the Golden Egg last season, but in his final year, Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott is determined to bring it back to Starkville.
If he does, the Bulldogs’ bowl projections will improve drastically. Until then, here are seven predictions for where the Bulldogs will land:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm) — TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Pittsburgh
- CollegeFootballNews.com (Pete Fiutak) — Outback Bowl vs. Northwestern
- CollegeSportsMadness.com — Texas Bowl vs. Texas Tech
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) — TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Pittsburgh
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) — Texas Bowl vs. West Virginia
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk) — Belk Bowl vs. Virginia Tech
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender) — TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Pittsburgh