The Mississippi State Bulldogs moved up in both the Associated Press and Amway Coaches Poll despite having a bye week. They can move up even higher with a win over Missouri Thursday night, as the Bulldogs’ bowl projections keep improving with each win they attain. Mississippi State still has games against Alabama, Arkansas and Ole Miss to prove that it belongs in the bigger bowl picture.
Until the games are all played out, here are the latest bowl projections for Mississippi State:.
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.) Jan. 1 – Miss. St. vs. Michigan
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) Outback Bowl – Miss. St. vs. Penn State
- CBS Sports (Jerry Palm) Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.) Dec. 30 – Miss. St. vs. Penn State
- SB Nation (Jason Kirk) Liberty Bowl (Memphis, Tenn.) Jan. 2 – Miss. St. vs. Kansas State
- Sporting News (Bill Bender) TaxSlayer Bowl (Jacksonville, Fla.) Jan. 2 – Miss. St. vs. North Carolina