Mississippi State is taking full advantage of the junior college ranks in this recruiting cycle.
The Bulldogs signed nine junior college prospects on Wednesday, and Dan Mullen hopes that momentum can carry into his search for top-rated high school prospects as well.
Let’s take a look at where things stand on the recruiting trail as of Friday:
Where Mississippi State’s 2017 recruiting class ranks
With 22 commitments so far in the 2017 class, including a heavy dose of junior college prospects Wednesday, Mississippi State’s ranking moved from No. 22 nationally to No. 19 this week. That ranking is also good enough for the eighth-best recruiting class in the SEC.
Who are Mississippi State’s top commitments?
- 4-star RB Kylin Hill (Columbus, Miss.)
- 4-star QB Keytaon Thompson (New Orleans)
- 4-star WDE Chauncey Rivers (Stone Mountain, Ga.)
- 3-star S Johnathan Abram (Columbia, Miss.)
- OLB Tyler Dunning (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
Who committed to Mississippi State this week?
The Bulldogs landed nine junior college players on the first day of the early signing period on Wednesday. Those players include 4-star defensive end Chauncey Rivers, as well as 3-star talents Johnathan Abram (S), Deion Pope (DT), Lee Autry (DT), Tommy Champion (OT), Montez Sweat (WDE), Tyre Phillips (OG), Brian Cole (S) and Jaquarius Landrews (S).
Who de-committed from Mississippi State this week?
For the first time in a month, Mississippi State suffered a casualty to its recruiting class, as 3-star defensive end Deandre Johnson backed off his commitment to the Bulldogs one day before committing to Tennessee.
Who are Mississippi State’s top uncommitted prospects?
- 4-star SDE LaBryan Ray (Madison, Ala.)
- 4-star OLB Willie Gay (Starkville, Miss.)
- 4-star WDE Chauncey Rivers (Scooba, Miss.)
- 4-star WR Brandon Martin (Perkinston, Miss.)
- Quarterback (1): Keytaon Thompson
- Running back (1): Kylin Hill
- Wide receiver (2): Austin Williams, Monterio Hunt
- Offensive line (5): Tommy Champion, Paul Gainer, Tyre Phillips, Cordavien Suggs, Montravious Richardson
- Defensive line (6): Deion Pope, Lee Autry, Aaron Odom, James Jackson, Montez Sweat, Chauncey Rivers
- Linebacker (2): Tyler Dunning, Kaleb Oliver
- Defensive back (5): Tyler Williams, Landon Guidry, Johnathan Abram, Brian Cole, Jaquarius Landrews
Geography of Mississippi State’s recruiting class:
North Carolina: 1