2 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
As always, Wednesday was a busy day for the Ole Miss football program. Coach Hugh Freeze had his weekly SEC teleconference and met with members of the media after practice.
Here are two important Rebels stories to start your Thursday:
- Depth of 2013 recruiting class: In the teleconference, Freeze attributed a great part of Ole Miss’ football resurgence to the 2013 signing class.
- All-time great matchup: Former No. 1 recruits Laquon Treadwell and Vernon Hargreaves are prepared to square off this Saturday.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- ESPN’s Edward Aschoff wrote Rebels quarterback Chad Kelly found the perfect fit with Freeze and Ole Miss
- SB Nation argued Ole Miss has a good chance of winning the SEC West, and thus making its first appearance in the SEC Championship game.
- Gary Wunderlich is just in his second season with Ole Miss, but Daniel Paulling of The Clarion-Ledger wrote that he is improving the Rebels’ kicking game
- The Florida Gators, who Ole Miss is facing this Saturday, got back to basics at practice this week.
Best stories around the SEC
- Will Grier named Florida’s starting QB against Ole Miss
- Les Miles: Herschel Walker’s comment a “tremendous compliment” for Leonard Fournette
- Florida child cries tears of joy after surprise visit from Tim Tebow
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin on Dak Prescott: “He is everything you want in a quarterback”
- Will this be the week Auburn’s offense breaks through?
“These guys are real. Their ranking is well-deserved.” — McElwain on Ole Miss
— Scott Carter (@GatorsScott) September 30, 2015