2 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Happy Sunday, Ole Miss fans.
All of you probably got out of bed a little easier this morning. It’s always nice to end the regular season on a strong note, and Ole Miss has certainly done that, as it dominated Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl Saturday night. Now the Rebels wait and see if they’re good enough to land a spot in the Sugar Bowl this postseason.
Here are two things to know:
- Ole Miss knew it needed to get off to a fast start in the Egg Bowl, and the team did exactly that. The Rebels got off to an early 28-3 lead and cruised their way to the 38-27 win.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze was obviously excited to get the win in Starkville, Miss. However, Freeze couldn’t help but point out that the Arkansas loss will sting for quite some time –though Freeze was still very happy with his team’s performance.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Here’s the Associated Press’ recap of the Rebels’ big win over the Bulldogs.
- Ole Miss’ senior and junior classes changed the perception of the football program. It’s now a school expected to recruit at a high level and compete for titles in the rigorous SEC. However, there’s still a lot of “what it” with this group, writes Neal McCready of RebelGrove.com.
- With back-to-back wins over Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl, does Ole Miss control the state? Chuck Rounsaville of the Ole Miss Spirit says yes.