Happy Wednesday, Ole Miss fans.
All the talk this week is about where the Rebels will spend the bowl season, and as each day goes by, the Sugar Bowl seems like the most likely destination. However, there’s still a ton that can change if Florida upsets Alabama in the 2015 SEC Championship Game on Saturday, but Ole Miss has to like where it currently sits.
Here are two things to know:
- Speaking of the bowl season, the Rebels are projected at three different bowl games according to a number of different college football analysts. However, most expect Ole Miss to end up in the Sugar Bowl.
- The confidence level in the Rebels being New Orleans bound increased Tuesday night when Ole Miss came in at No. 13 in this week’s College Football Playoff rankings. The Rebels are five spots ahead of No. 18 Florida, so barring any upset in Atlanta this weekend, fans can go ahead and plan their bowl trip.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Ole Miss defensive back Mike Hilton was named the team’s Most Valuable Senior by the Jackson Touchdown Club on Tuesday. Hilton played three different positions for the Rebels this season.
- Jeffrey Wright of RebelGrove.com put together a statistical breakdown of who should be named first-team all-SEC at quarterback this season. As you can imagine, it’s a three-horse race between Ole Miss’ Chad Kelly, Arkansas’ Brandon Allen and Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott. However, the stats heavily favor two with the third falling behind.
The best stories around the SEC
- Kirby Smart will be named Georgia’s new football coach
- Report: UGA’s Jeremy Pruitt is a candidate for South Carolina job
- Report: Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen, ex-UGA coach Mark Richt in the mix for Miami job
- Report: Kirby Smart wants to bring Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp to UGA