2 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Happy Thursday, Ole Miss fans.
Christmas has come early for coach Hugh Freeze, as the Rebels have benefited from some huge recruiting news this week. The action should slow down for the next week or so before kicking back up, with all-star games and official visits sure to bring all kinds of recruiting drama. For now, Freeze and his coaching staff will smile and be thankful for what they’ve accomplished this week.
Here are two things to know:
- In the biggest news of the day, Ole Miss picked up a commitment from 5-star offensive tackle Greg Little. I’ve had an opportunity to see Little, the nation’s No. 2 player, play twice over the past year, and he’s certainly impressive. And that’s in the largest classification in Texas. Obviously, that’s a huge pickup for the Rebels.
- Ole Miss fans have waited for 46 years to see the Rebels play in the Sugar Bowl, and no one is more excited than former Ole Miss quarterback Archie Manning, who just so happened to be the MVP of the game the last time the Rebels participated.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- The Little commitment will once again bring out the fans from around other teams in the SEC who are suspicious of the Rebels recent recruiting success. In 2013, fans threw all sorts of accusations at Ole Miss and called the class a one-hit wonder. Now, Ole Miss is putting together another huge class, and fans can no longer say it’s a fluke, writes Neal McCready of RebelGrove.com.
- If you haven’t seen how Little made the announcement, you need to see it. The old picking a hat on a table routine is old news. Little made his announcement with a cool video via Bleacher Report.
- How does Little’s commitment impact Ole Miss moving forward? Ben Garrett of the Ole Miss Spirit and I discussed in a short podcast on Rebel Sports Radio.