Happy Friday, Ole Miss fans.
The first big official weekend of the January recruiting season is finally upon us. There’s bound to be plenty of drama about who did, didn’t or might have made it to campus this weekend, so buckle your seatbelt and get ready for a crazy ride to National Signing Day.
Here are two things to know:
- Speaking of the big recruiting weekend, the Ole Miss coaching staff will have extra help in their attempt to pull in the final pieces to the Rebels’ class, as eight early enrollees made it campus, Thursday, to begin their Ole Miss careers.
- Ole Miss missed out on a commitment from a coveted four-star offensive tackle that picked LSU Thursday, but the Louisiana native said coach Hugh Freeze came by his school last week to tell him the Rebels didn’t have room for him anyway.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Ole Miss JUCO linebacker commit David Luafatasaga has his official visit to Oxford, Miss., on Jan. 29, but this weekend, he is visiting California, according to Avinash Kunnath of CaliforniaGoldenBlogs.com.
- Ole Miss hoops guard Stefan Moody hasn’t practiced since straining his hamstring against South Carolina Tuesday. The SEC leading scorer is a gametime decision for Saturday’s contest at Mississippi State, according to Daniel Paulling of The Clarion Ledger.
- It will be a busy few weeks for outgoing seniors at Ole Miss. The Rebels have five players who will play in different all-star games over the next few weeks.