TGIF, Ole Miss fans!
The Rebels will make their way to Auburn Friday for the Halloween showdown against the Tigers. Will the Auburn look like a team with nothing to play for coming off a tough four-overtime loss against Arkansas last week, or will the Rebels continue the rollercoaster ride they’ve been on this season? A lot of questions should be answered this weekend regarding both teams.
Here are two things to know:
- The 2016 SEC football schedules were released Thursday, and it should be another season of great matchups for Ole Miss. All eyes will likely be on the Sept. 17 matchup against Alabama in Oxford to see if the Rebels can make it three in a row against the Crimson Tide.
- There are a lot of differing opinions about how Ole Miss will fare against Auburn this weekend. However, the majority of recruits think the Rebels will come out on top.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche is expected to return this weekend for Ole Miss. Daniel Paulling of the Clarion-Ledger wrote a story on the emphasis that is put on concussion protocol in today’s college football.
- AL.com’s Creg Stephenson took a look back at a classic game between Auburn and Ole Miss, as he profiled the 1971 Gator Bowl.
The best stories around the SEC
- Halloween comes early in Auburn
- Watch: Alabama RB Derrick Henry squats 500-plus pounds
- University of Arkansas shows support of Oklahoma State after tragedy
- Texas A&M plans to deck out Kyle Field Halloween style