2 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Good morning, Ole Miss fans!
The bye week is in full force for the Rebels, and coach Hugh Freeze told reporters that they’ll spend the time focusing on themselves before concentrating on the Nov. 21 showdown against LSU next week.
Here are two things to know:
- Speaking of that rivalry tilt against the Tigers, the game will kickoff at 3:30 p.m. ET in Oxford, the SEC announced Monday. It will be televised on CBS.
- Following the loss to Arkansas, Ole Miss dropped to No. 5 in this week’s SEC Country power poll. It’s safe to say the voters understood the fluky nature of the loss.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- With the Rebels on a bye, the attention turns to Ole Miss basketball, which begins its season this week. Coach Andy Kennedy saw plenty he liked and some things he didn’t like in the Rebels’ exhibition game last week, and he’s eager to see improvement on the court in the opener.
- Speaking of basketball, the brand new Pavilion at Ole Miss, which opens in January, will be filled with plenty of awesome amenities, including an ultra-fast internet “speed zone,” the school announced Monday.
The best stories around the SEC
- National sportswriter apologizes to Nick Saban after saying Alabama dynasty was over
- Don’t fall asleep on Mississippi State’s chances of capturing the SEC West
- LSU’s Leonard Fournette on loss to Alabama: “It’s one game”
- Missouri coach Gary Pinkel: “It was about supporting my players. I did the right thing, and I’d do it again”