2 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Monday was a busy day for Ole Miss with coach Hugh Freeze’s press conference in the afternoon and radio show at night. Here are the top two things Rebels’ stories to start your Tuesday:
- Offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil’s status is still unclear: Freeze said that progress was made in the Tunsil NCAA investigation, but Ole Miss is still waiting for its star offensive lineman to be cleared.
- Official throws punches: There was an unusual occurrence at a junior college football game over the weekend. Chad Kelly’s former coach at East Mississippi Community College, Buddy Stephens , and a sideline referee, had an altercation during Saturday’s game.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- SECCountry.com wrote a story about nine Florida players coming down with the flu since the incredible comeback victory over the Tennessee Volunteers. How does this pertain to Ole Miss? The Rebels will travel to The Swamp this weekend to play the Gators.
- Ole Miss struggled near the goal line against Vanderbilt, but Daniel Paulling of The Clarion-Ledger explains why the Rebels red zone offense has improved from last season
- Offensive tackle Fahn Cooper’s blocking was a big reason Ole Miss racked up 472 total yards against Vanderbilt on Saturday. The performance earned him SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week honors.
Best stories around the SEC
- Michael Sam wonders if coming out affected his NFL chances
- Paul Finebaum wears a Florida jersey after losing “friendly wager”
- Arkansas takes extreme measure to prepare Tennessee’s “Rocky Top” fight song
- Missouri to be without two offensive starters against South Carolina
- Florida will be without LB Alex Anzalone against Ole Miss
— Ole Miss Football (@OleMissFB) September 28, 2015