3 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Good morning, Ole Miss fans!
The debate is finally on. The first College Football Playoff rankings were unveiled Tuesday, and everyone has his/her own reasons for why the committee hates a certain team or conference. In the grand scheme of things, those rankings mean very little. It gives you a small sense of what you have to do down the stretch, but for anybody looking to make the Playoff, it’s simple. Win. That’s the only thing you have control of, and for Ole Miss, that’s all you can do. Sure, you need plenty of help along the way to even think about it, but if the Rebels win out and lay claim to an SEC title, things will get very interesting come December.
Here are three things to know:
- Speaking of those rankings, Ole Miss came in at No. 18. There’s a path to getting back in the conversation, but boy, that loss against Memphis is going to hang over the Rebels’ heads the rest of the season.
- Not many are thinking that the Rebels can really win the SEC, and the evidence is in this week’s bowl projections. The majority of folks have them in the Citrus Bowl. Who’s up for a New Year’s trip to Disney World?
- Ole Miss is losing a lot of top talent in all likelihood after the season. However, the Rebels are putting together an impressive recruiting class. Here’s the most important recruits Ole Miss needs to win over between now and National Signing Day.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Neal McCready of the RebelGrove.com put together a nice notebook from Tuesday’s practice. Ole Miss defensive coordinator Dave Wommack is impressed with Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen, who has put together a solid season for the Razorbacks.
- As coach Hugh Freeze stated Monday, Ole Miss defensive back Tony Conner will return to action this weekend. Chuck Rounsaville of the Ole Miss Spirit tells you what that means for the the Rebels defense.
The best stories around the SEC
- Wild Hog scenario: How Arkansas can win the SEC West
- Alabama-LSU forecast: Things could get muddy
- What national media are saying about the first College Football Playoff rankings
- Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin: It’s not fair to compare QB Kyler Murray to Johnny Manziel