Good morning, Ole Miss fans!
It’s officially the bye week for the Rebels. In some ways, it might be nice to get the bad taste left from Saturday’s tough loss out of your mouth, but after playing 10 straight games, Ole Miss needs a break. It’s time to rest up, find a way to put the Arkansas loss behind you and get ready for a big game against LSU in Oxford on Nov. 21.
Here are three things to know:
- The Ole Miss offense played as well as you could’ve hoped Saturday, but the defense couldn’t close the game out. Here are my grades from the heartbreaking loss to Arkansas.
- With the loss, the Rebels took a hit in the polls. Ole Miss is on the outside looking in to this week’s Associated Press Top 25. Make no mistake about it, though. A strong finish against LSU and Mississippi State would get the Rebels back into the polls.
- There’s no telling the emotions that were running through the Ole Miss locker room Saturday, and former players, fans and alumni went through the gut-wrenching process as well. Here are some of the best thoughts from social media.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- On the recruiting front. Ole Miss may get a visit from the nation’s top rated player, according to Brian Dohn of Scout.com. The Rebels are really putting together an impressive 2016 signing class.
- So much happened at the end of Saturday’s loss to Arkansas that it was hard to process it all. Parrish Alford of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal provides his day-after observations.