3 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Happy Wednesday, Ole Miss fans.
The Rebels are back into the top 25 in all three major polls after the latest College Football Playoff rankings were released Tuesday. Now, Ole Miss has a big chance to improve its standing in the bowl pecking order with a win against No. 15 LSU this Saturday.
Here are three things to know:
- Speaking of the Playoff rankings, Ole Miss came in at No. 22 in this week’s poll. The top two-loss team was Stanford at No. 11. You have to imagine where the Rebels could be if they could’ve stopped Arkansas from converting a miraculous fourth-and-25 in that overtime loss two weeks ago.
- There’s a lot of discrepancy about where Ole Miss will land in this week’s bowl projections. The next two weeks are obviously very critical for the Rebels.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze spent his Monday night at the campus intramural fields to watch the Special Olympics Unified Egg Bowl, and Freeze emptied his pockets to donate $1,000 and get the Rebels the win.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell has been the go-to guy for the Rebels offense, so it comes as no surprise that the junior standout is a semifinalist for the Biletnikoff Award, which is given to the nation’s best wide receiver.
- A few other players have talked trash days before facing LSU star running back Leonard Fournette. That’s not an option for Ole Miss defensive tackle Woodrow Hamilton. The veteran leader is focused on getting the Rebels defense to play a complete game and put the 53-point outing against Arkansas behind it, wrote Neal McCready of RebelGrove.com.
- Ole Miss offensive lineman Jordan Sims had one thing to do before he could become a reliable contributor, offered Chuck Rounsaville of the Ole Miss Spirit. He had to lose weight. Sixty pounds lighter, the redshirt freshman has broken into the starting lineup for the Rebels.