3 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
It was a monumental Saturday for Ole Miss. The Rebels drilled LSU 38-17 one week after a stunning overtime loss to Arkansas.
The Rebels have now defeated Alabama, Auburn and LSU this season. They are the first team to do that since 1998. They would be one win from the SEC title game were it not for the crazy loss to the Razorbacks, but the focus this week will certainly be on the Egg Bowl. Both Ole Miss (8-3) and Mississippi State (8-3) will go into the game fresh off great victories, and the winner will have a shot at a 10-win season.
Here are three things to know:
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze “got emotional” after the big win.
- Chad Kelly scored a highlight-reel touchdown after being flipped into the end zone.
- There was some post-whistle shenanigans near the Ole Miss sideline, and one reserve player was ejected for throwing a punch.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet:
- Chad Kelly was a hero on a record-setting night, writes David Johnson of Rebels 247.
- A local columnist admits he was wrong about Kelly.
- Five takeaways from the game from Parrish Alford of the Daily Journal.
The best stories around the SEC
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen said Dak Prescott might be the best player he’s ever coached.
- Missouri players carried Gary Pinkel off the field in his final home game as coach.
- South Carolina AD Ray Tanner hopes to name a new coach in early December.