3 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Happy Thanksgiving, Ole Miss fans.
Hope you are all enjoying your holiday with family and friends and putting rivalry week on hold for at least a few hours. However, the Egg Bowl is just two days away, and the nerves should really start setting in after you scarf down three helpings of turkey.
Here are three things to know:
- Speaking of Thanksgiving, Ole Miss took a break from game preparation Wednesday to go around Oxford, Miss. and the surrounding cities to deliver Thanksgiving baskets to families in need.
- The Egg Bowl means a lot to several players on both Ole Miss’ and Mississippi State’s roster, but one player who is particularly looking forward to Saturday’s game is Rebels tight end Evan Engram, according to RebelGrove.com’s Neal McCready. The junior had one of the best games of his career against the Bulldogs last season.
- The Iron Bowl is talked about more nationally, but the Egg Bowl may involve more hatred. At least that’s what Ole Miss safety Trae Elston, an Alabama native, says, according to Ben Garrett of the Ole Miss Spirit.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Rivals.com has been putting together a series breaking down the players to watch in advance of April’s NFL draft. On Wednesday, Mike Farrell broke down the wide receivers, which had Ole Miss’ Laquon Treadwell at the top of the board.
- After dropping two of its last three games, Ole Miss basketball got back in the win column Wednesday, as the Rebels defeated Georgia State, 68-59.