Happy Monday, Ole Miss fans.
The regular season has come and gone, and the Rebels are 9-3 heading into bowl season. Ole Miss finished second in the SEC West and will likely talk about what could’ve been for quite some time. However, Saturday’s dominating win in the Egg Bowl will help those feelings go away.
Here are three things to know:
- Ole Miss jumped on Mississippi State to build an early lead it would never relinquish. It was an overall great performance by the Rebels. Here are my grades for the Egg Bowl victory.
- The first win in Starkville, Miss., since 2003 meant some former Ole Miss greats were not shy to express their joy. Here are the best tweets from Saturday.
- The Rebels continue to climb in the rankings with back-to-back nice performances. In this week’s AP Poll, Ole Miss came in at No. 16.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Ole Miss’ dominant play from its defensive line was a big reason for the quick start against Mississippi State. The folks at Red Cup Rebellion took a look at how much havoc Ole Miss’ front four caused Saturday.
- Parrish Alford of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal gave an in-depth look at Ole Miss’ win in the regular-season finale with his day-after observations.