Happy Friday, Ole Miss fans.
The weekend is almost here, and all Rebels fans eyes will be on the 2015 SEC Championship game Saturday to see what Ole Miss’ bowl fate will be. If Alabama takes care of business against Florida, the Rebels are headed to the Sugar Bowl. A Gator upset of the Crimson Tide would push Ole Miss down to the Citrus Bowl.
Here are three things to know:
- Regardless of where Ole Miss ends up this bowl season, it was another great season for coach Hugh Freeze and his team. It didn’t end with a title of any sort, but the Rebels still showed improvement in year four. Here are my season awards.
- The all-SEC team selections haven’t been released yet, but I took a crack at how I think the first team should look. If I’m right, Ole Miss will be well represented on the first unit.
- Ole Miss is a popular destination for many of the top wide receivers around the country, so it comes as no surprise that three-star wideout Al’dontre Davis is intrigued by what the Rebels have to offer. However, Ole Miss isn’t the only SEC school that has his eye.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Ole Miss has steadily improved each year under the guidance of Freeze, and RebelGrove.com’s Jeffrey Wright wrote a column on the first four years of Freeze’s tenure.
- Recruiting season is in full swing, and Ole Miss is looking to finish strong, as the countdown to National Signing Day continues. Yancy Porter and Christian Byrd gave a rundown of the latest Rebels’ recruiting news on “Red and Blue Chips” on Rebel Sports Radio.