Happy Friday, Rebels fans.
The Sugar Bowl is three weeks away, and Ole Miss will soon begin practice to prepare for the showdown against Oklahoma State. For now, the attention is on postseason accolades and recruiting, so there’s no shortage of drama to keep everyone on their toes.
Here are three things to know:
- On Thursday, Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell did not win the Biletnikoff Trophy, which is handed out to the nation’s best receiver. However, Treadwell did say he was “thinking about both sides” when asked if he would declare for the NFL draft after the Sugar Bowl. Of course, Rebels fans shouldn’t get too excited considering Treadwell is projected as a top-10 pick.
- Speaking of the Sugar Bowl, Ole Miss released a promo video this week. If early indications mean anything, there should be plenty of fans donning red and blue in the streets of New Orleans on New Year’s Day.
- Recruiting season is in full force, and Louisiana running back Devin White is among the most coveted uncommitted players out there. Ole Miss is in line to receive an official visit from White on Jan. 29, but it will be a tall task to pull him away from LSU.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- There’s been a lot of rumors and speculation going on about 5-star quarterback commit Shea Patterson. Ben Garrett and Yancy Porter of the Ole Miss Spirit tell you the latest on “Red and Blue Chips” on Rebel Sports Radio.
- Basketball season is in full swing, and Ole Miss has stabilized itself after a rough outing in a tournament a few weeks ago. The Rebels are 6-2 and a big credit to the turnaround is transition to Stefan Moody at point guard, writes Ben Garrett of the Ole Miss Spirit.