Happy Monday, Ole Miss fans.
It was a quiet weekend for Ole Miss until star defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche made headlines, falling out of an Atlanta hotel window Sunday according to police. Rumors and speculation filled the internet for the rest of the day, but for now, we’re in a holding pattern to see what the latest on Nkemdiche is, as the Rebels begin practice for the Sugar Bowl.
Here are four things to know:
- Nkemdiche fell about 15 feet after breaking a hotel window on Sunday. Obviously, this will be a huge topic of conversation when coach Hugh Freeze talks with the media Monday.
- To make matters worse, Police say they found a small quantity of suspected marijuana in Nkemdiche’s hotel room. Freeze also released a statement Sunday afternoon.
- Four-star tight end and Ole Miss commit Octavious Cooley has remained strong in his commitment with the Rebels for some time now. However, Cooley still looks like he wants to enjoy the recruiting process and take a few official visits in January.
- D’Andre Christmas-Giles, a 3-star defensive lineman from New Orleans, decommitted from Tennessee on Sunday. Ole Miss is one of several SEC schools that has extended an offer, so that will be a recruitment to follow as the dead period gets set to begin.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Ole Miss had three players named to the Associated Press All-America teams Sunday, as Nkemdiche and safety Trae Elston made the second team and wide receiver Laquon Treadwell was named to the third team.
- Rebels basketball got another win on Saturday, as Ole Miss (7-2) defeated Southeast Missouri 75-64. The Rebels return to action Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET against Louisiana Tech in Oxford, Miss.