Happy Thursday, Ole Miss fans.
National Signing Day is officially less than a week away. The Ole Miss coaching staff will make its last visits to prospects, and a big group of recruits will be in Oxford, Miss. for official visits this weekend. There’s bound to be plenty of drama between now and next week.
Here are three things to know:
- Speaking of recruiting, Ole Miss is looking to fill out its class with a talented group of defensive lineman. On Wednesday, coach Hugh Freeze visited a highly-coveted junior college defensive end that looks like he’s narrowed it down to two SEC schools.
- With things going well for the Rebels on the recruiting trail, another four-star defensive tackle will not be making his originally scheduled official visit to Ole Miss.
- A former Ole Miss star was recruited by Panthers quarterback Cam Newton to join Carolina. Needless to say, the move has worked out well for everyone, as the Panthers are a week and a half away from playing in Super Bowl 50.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Ole Miss is on the verge of signing its best class in modern history. Freeze’s recruiting ability shows that the Rebels have staying power in the grueling SEC West, writes Kevin Trahan of SB Nation.
- The SEC’s leading scorer, Stefan Moody, return to action for Ole Miss on Wednesday, as the Rebels blew past Auburn, 80-63 in Oxford, Miss. The Rebels (13-7, 3-5 SEC) ended a four-game losing streak, and Moody totaled 24 points in the win.