Happy Thursday, Ole Miss fans.
The madness of National Signing Day has come and gone, and the Rebels signed one of the nation’s best classes, which happens to be the best class in program history. It may take fans a while to get used to not checking their phone every five minutes for an update, as the news cycle will slow down with the countdown to spring football full in force.
Here are three things to know:
- Ole Miss has many players that were key in the 2016 recruiting class, but the entire class centered around the nation’s top quarterback, who could be the key ingredient to take the Rebels to the next level.
- Signing day did not go the way Ole Miss hoped, but all in all, perspective is vital when analyzing the class as a whole. Here’s how the Rebels graded out in this year’s recruiting cycle.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze was obviously excited about how the class shaped up, and there were five things that really had Freeze grinning from ear to ear.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema made a comment about Ole Miss and Florida that drew all kinds of attention on social media Wednesday. There was so much attention surrounding his comment that he clarified his intentions, according to Tom Fornelli of CBS Sports.
- The depth Ole Miss was hoping to add on defense took a hit late Wednesday when junior college four-star linebacker commit David Luafatasaga flipped and signed with Utah. Red Cup Rebellion broke down what happened.