Ole Miss closed out its spring football schedule with one final practice. Stadium construction kept the team from holding a spring game.
Here are three things to know:
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze is an advocate of playing another school to conclude spring practice.
- Freeze also revealed Saturday’s scrimmage standouts and much more.
- The No. 1 QB recruit in the Class of 2016 was Shea Patterson, and despite his big-time credentials, Freeze isn’t ready to name him the team’s backup behind Chad Kelly just yet.
Other Rebels news from around the Internet
- Freeze is quite glad that he doesn’t have to be at any satellite camps this summer, writes The Clarion-Ledger’s Daniel Paulling.
- Junior safety C.J. Hampton has some big shoes to fill, and he intends to do that in 2016, Rebels247.com’s David Johnson writes.
The best stories from around the SEC
- Auburn’s spring game didn’t do much to solve the team’s quarterback questions.
- An LSU alum is just one shot back of the lead at The Masters.
- The grades are in from Florida’s spring game, and Jim McElwain has reason to be pleased.
- Where does Texas A&M’s quarterback battle stand after the Aggies’ spring game? Kevin Sumlin takes a stab at answering that.