3 things every Ole Miss fan needs to know today
Happy Wednesday, Ole Miss fans!
The Rebels are halfway through with their preparations for Texas A&M, and it’s just days away before you can try and get that bad taste of the Memphis game out of your mouth. Ole Miss increased the intensity in practice Tuesday, and we’ll see in a few days if it made a difference.
Here are 3 things to know:
- Ole Miss went through tackling drills during Tuesday’s practice, according to defensive coordinator Dave Wommack. That comes as no surprise following a performance against Memphis that saw the Rebels miss 30 tackles.
- It’s the time of the week for bowl projections, and following another loss for Ole Miss, it’s no surprise there are no New Year’s Six predictions this week. In fact, most of the projections have Ole Miss slated for the TaxSlayer Bowl, and one even has the Rebels facing former Ole Miss coach David Cutcliffe’s Duke Blue Devils. How fun would that be?
- Josh Clarke is a 3-star linebacker prospect for the Class of 2017, and apparently, the Louisiana standout is hearing from Ole Miss almost every day. But he’s really hoping to hear from the Florida Gators.
Other Ole Miss news from around the Internet
- ESPN’s Greg Ostendorf wrote a great story on Ole Miss’ defensive struggles and the Rebels’ determination to get last season’s confidence back before Texas A&M’s high-powered offense enters Vaught-Hemingway Stadium Saturday.
- Here is a Tuesday practice report from the Ole Miss Spirit’s Chuck Rounsaville. It seems like having Laremy Tunsil back in the starting rotation at left tackle has given a much-needed lift to the Rebels.
- With Robert Conyers out for the season with a torn ACL, senior Justin Bell has switched from guard to center, and he’s pretty excited about the move, according to Parrish Alford of the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal.